History, stories and photos about the mule and its colorful history in the United States.
Please click on these links to historic stories of the mule and early Sierra Nevada history. Included on these pages are rare and amazing historic photos of the part mules played in building this part of the west.
- Frank Shaw and the First Death Valley 20 Mule Team by Marye Roeser
- History of the Mule by Dave Babb
- History of Mule Days
- Commercial Packing by Marye Roeser
- Waugh Lake Dam Repair by Marye Roeser
- Freighting in the Sierra by Howard Arcularius
- National Park Service Mules
- Los Angeles Aqueduct Construction by Dave Babb
- Southern California Edison Construction
- The John Muir Trail by Marye Roeser
- The Mount Whitney Trail by Marye Roeser
- Mount Whitney Trails - Cavalry by Marye Roeser
- Bob Tanner - Legend of the High Sierras by Mike Laughlin